AtomSite SQL provider

Dec 24, 2009 at 12:27 AM

I'm planning on using Atomsite for an upcoming project and I going to implement a SQL data layer.  This site is going to need to handle 1000s of entries.  I also need to create a "related articles" plug in which is best implemented, in my experience, via a database.

In the past I've built my own data layer using T4 templates and stored procedures.  Perhaps this isn't the best way to handle it for this project.  It might be better to use a more "open" method like using the ADO.NET Entity Framework or something similar.  What do you all think?

Dec 28, 2009 at 8:37 AM

If you need just a few page types with 1000s of entries Entity Framework will not be the best solution. I'd use Linq to Sql instead. Entity Framework has an advantage over Linq to Sql when you have complicated hierarchy of types. Also you can get better performance from Linq to Sql out of the box.

Dec 28, 2009 at 1:57 PM

My primary concern about LINQ to SQL is Microsoft doesn't seem that committed to it.  What are your thoughts on that?

http://blogs.msdn.com/adonet/archive/2008/10/29/update-on-linq-to-sql-and-linq-to-entities-roadmap.aspx