Awesome Job

Dec 21, 2009 at 5:00 AM

Looking through atomsite and it looks like a very awesome piece of work.  Thanks for the hard work.

A couple of features that I think would be cool to add would be

1. Support in the admin for inputing blocks of code in a blog post.  I know a some of the other blog engines make it pretty easy to do this without having to create an image and I imagine a lot of the people who would find this engine on codeplex would like this feature.

2. MathML and Latex support.  There aren't many blog engines that support this as of now.  itex2mml is a ruby tool that takes tex fragments and generates mathml.  I think it would probably be fairly easy to port this to c# and atomsite would be a great platform since it is already xhtml.

Lastly, I am wondering why the code is moves to google.

Dec 22, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I didnt try AtomSite yet because im not in mvc ...yet. but i can made a suggestion:

One of the problems of the blogs systems, new or old, is there's not enough themes. if they can change the AtomSite to use WordPress themes with minimal changes, it would be wonderful.

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2010 at 3:53 AM

Thanks guys!  I use a pre-code plugin for live writer for formatting code on the client side.  It would be nice to have a plugin that would add the javascript to the page to support this automatically.

Also, that is an interesting idea about supporting wordpress themes.  I wonder if I could write a routine that could easily/automatically convert a theme.  Brilliant!