This project is read-only.

What is minimum required trust level for atomsite?

Dec 18, 2009 at 9:50 AM

I have deployed atomsite on my web hosting and I am getting the following error when I try to access the root for the first time:

[SecurityException: Request failed.]
   AtomSite.WebCore.ServerApp..cctor() +0

What is the minimum required trust level for atomsite?

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:08 PM

I believe that some features of AtomSite require medium trust.  However, the new twitter plugin would need full trust as it calls out to twitter to get tweets.  Let me know if you need help enabling disabling features to get it to work in other trust environments.

Mar 18, 2010 at 6:04 PM

I am running into this as well.

I have disabled and removed both twitter and dotnetopenauth and I still cannot run in medium trust.

It would be great to have this all working seamlessly in medium trust because this app is well-suited for hosted sites.

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Next version will run on medium trust out of the box.  I've made many modifications to make this possible:

• Recompile YUI Compressor
  • Remove nLog as default logger, now uses default TraceSource
  • Remove ActionOutputCache (still exists for partials and widgets but only works on high or full trust)
  • Update restart code
  • Remove OpenIdPlugin dependency on changing web.config
  • Update StructureMap version

Due to caching graceful degredation, site will be a little be slower on medium trust.

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:14 AM

yes, I saw the checkins on Google Code, got them, compoiled and it seems to work correctly on a local IIS in Medium Trust now.

Thanks!

I will be testing it on Godaddy soon on a test subdomain.

I have a lot to check and configure before I take it live, so far I really love this system and look forward to really understanding it more.

Have you looked at MEF yet for Plugins?

I am thinking about writing a login module that will ImportMany credential suppliers, so then I can start with Asp.Net membership and import any other providers, such as OpenID, FB and Twitter.

This will take some thought to get the Interface right, but I am sure it's doable.

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:00 PM

I've looked a MEF but have not invested any time into prototypes with it.  I'm not a huge fan of attribute based programming that MEF is all about but I like the functionality that it provides.  I'd definitely like to somehow break the plugin dependency on StructureMap.

If you look in the PoshCode code, you can see a Live auth plugin.