Unable to configure default folder name in MultiFolder workspaces mode

Oct 20, 2009 at 11:14 AM

I was unable to configure default folder name in MultiFolder workspaces mode. The problem is that when I configure the service to work in MultiFolder mode the default folder name in URL address always stays "www" (for example www.example.com/www/blog). I want to change the folder url to a custom name(for example www.example.com/customfolder/blog).

Is this possible with the current verson of atom site and if yes how can I achieve it?

Coordinator
Oct 20, 2009 at 12:28 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Yes, this is possible.  You must change the name of the workspace.  For example: customfolder.example.com,2008:blog

Oct 22, 2009 at 7:48 AM

Hi again,

I tried to specify the name of the workspace in Service.config like this:

<workspace svc:default="true" svc:name="customfolder">

In admin the name of the workspace is shown as it should. Also when I configure the site in MultiFolder mode and browse the blog collection using

www.example.com/customfolder/blog everything is ok.

The problem is that on all links on the site the address stays www.example.com/www/blog.

Sorry but I didn't get the solution with customfolder.example.com. Isn't this for SubDomain mode?

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2009 at 2:28 PM

That is not just for subdomain mode.  I understand it is confusing so I am updating the way Id's and workspaces are configured.  It should prevent other problems that occur when not using the correct Id format.