Works locally but unable to deploy properly

Aug 6, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I have been able to get the project to load, build and run on my local machine (vista 64, VS2008 built in server) but when I try to publish the site (server 2003, IIS6) I run into all kinds of problems.

When I publish (via Visual Studio) or FTP with a client, the basic functionality works but it 'thinks' the root of the site is localhost:1333 which means none of the theming and images work.

When I log into my server and download the binary and try to run that I can't even get the site to work.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2009 at 12:12 AM
Hi cwlocke, the setup wizard sets up the service.config file to have the correct values.  I you run setup locally, then upload, the values will likely be wrong.

Try fixing the xml:base setting on the root node of the service.config or running setup on the server.

Hope this helps.

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 6:49 AM, cwlocke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I have been able to get the project to load, build and run on my local machine (vista 64, VS2008 built in server) but when I try to publish the site (server 2003, IIS6) I run into all kinds of problems.

When I publish (via Visual Studio) or FTP with a client, the basic functionality works but it 'thinks' the root of the site is localhost:1333 which means none of the theming and images work.

When I log into my server and download the binary and try to run that I can't even get the site to work.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (blogsvc@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email blogsvc@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com