Want to Move to MVC?

Developer
Sep 5, 2008 at 6:22 PM
I see several notes in discussions, source commits, etc. that you want to move to MVC in some way. How does that fit in? $0$0$0$0My initial design for my own Atompub implementation (the one I'm dumping because BlogSvc is so much further along) was in ASP.NET MVC, so I'm interested in how it might fit here.$0
Coordinator
Sep 5, 2008 at 8:30 PM
I keep peeking at MVC and I really like what I see especially with the last release.  Partial views is something that would really benefit a blog.  Also, the design style that I've been following with BlogSvc is extremely similar to MVC.  For example, many of the pages and controls do not need codebehind because they know about the model to display.$0$0$0$0The only question I have is with timing.  When is a good time to move to MVC?$0$0$0$0$0Also, I'm really struggling with the usage of WCF.  Although it has the web programming model, I haven't convinced myself it is worth the tradeoff.  The bigest remaining benefit of WCF (in our scenario) is that it does not require IIS but that seems like an edge use case.$0
Developer
Sep 8, 2008 at 10:39 AM
I also agree that using the MVC will likely be a good idea. Not just because I'd like to learn it.