This project is read-only.

Widgets Release 1.4

Apr 1, 2010 at 7:32 PM
Edited Apr 1, 2010 at 7:48 PM

This is a discussion for Widgets Release 1.4.  I would like to hear feedback on installation, setup, management, posting, live writer, usability, themes, plugins, code, etc.

I encourage you to download the new 1.4 release and report any issues you find. I need strong test coverage before this release is submitted to Microsoft to have Web Platform Gallery updated.

Download & Source Code

Report Issues Here 

I'm eager for feedback. What do you like or don't like? Any suggestions?

Apr 2, 2010 at 4:32 AM

1.Warning 6 The referenced component 'System.Web.Mvc' could not be found.  
I remove the reference 'System.Web.Mvc', and reference 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET MVC 2\Assemblies\System.Web.Mvc.dll'

would you add the source code of ASP.NET MVC 2 to solution? we do not reference again.

2.Warning 5 'System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings' is obsolete: '"This method is obsolete, it has been replaced by System.Configuration!System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings"' C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\AtomSite 1[1].4.0.0 Source\TidyNet\tidy\OutImpl.cs 168 35 TidyNet

string lineSeparator = (string)ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["line.separator"];

I reference 'System.Configuration', and
I rewrite the code to "string lineSeparator = (string)System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["line.separator"];"

Apr 2, 2010 at 5:10 AM

lahassong: thanks for the feedback

1) AtomSite is built on ASP.NET MVC 1.0

2) I'll update the code, thx

Apr 2, 2010 at 6:03 AM

Readme.htm is not enough to manual install the app.

I rebuild the solution, and I a a error.

Error 4 Newline in constant C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\AtomSite 1[1].4.0.0 Source\Domain\AtomText.cs 54 50 Domain,line 54,coloumn 50

public string ToStringPreview(int length)
    {
      string preview = ToString();
      if (preview.Length > length)
        return ToString().AbbreviateText(length, "?);
      else return preview;
    }

It is not expected code, pls re-save the AtomText.cs by the utf-8 file encode, many thanks.

Apr 2, 2010 at 6:25 AM

atomsite only run on iis7?It is a not good idea.

I mean the atomsite run on iis6 or mono.because the sqlserver of CPU multi-satellites is very expensive to buy.
I have more than 800,000 entries, any entry has title,message,posttime,author,field and more.
It use more than 11G disk space, those data store in the SQLServer 2005.

when we hits 1000,000 pv/day,It is a calamity!
1.Cost. so I rewrite the code, and save the data to Mysql,
2.Efficiency.I optimize the page to solve  the access efficiency, I must support the more larger data.

Do you have a idea to build a large site? the data is larger than 1TB? or 1PB?

800,000 entries is only one site from me. I have a lot of articles from partners very day.

Apr 2, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Hi Jarrett - just downloaded and did a manual install (based on the Readme.htm). Everything worked fine and I think your setup and self-diagnosis page when first running the app is very slick. Still experimenting - love the Hibiscus theme. More soon...

Apr 2, 2010 at 3:01 PM

lohassong: it sounds like you need to have a large team working on a custom enterprise solution, if you customize AtomSite to support extremely large collection sizes, please submit a patch.  I will be looking at two areas of performance improvement for 1.5.  Improved file based storage for collections > 500 entries and SQL storage for collections > 1000 entries.

Abouch: thanks for the feedback